Sports Epidemic Walk & Run Club
Starting Monday July 27, Sports Epidemic is hosting a Walk and Run Club on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 6:30AM at the Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex. Regardless of whether you are a beginner or an experienced athlete, we would love to have you join us. Benefits of walking and running include improved cardiovascular function, boosted immunity, reduced stress, weight reduction, and decreased risk of hypertension, diabetes, cancer and heart disease. We will use the Strava app to track our progress, encourage each another, and stay informed about club activities and events. This is an open ended club, so feel free to join us/invite others at any time in the future. We will practice safe Social Distancing and provide hand sanitizer for your convenience.
Event: Sports Epidemic Walk & Run Club
When: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 6:30am (starting July 27)
Where: We will meet at the picnic tables next to the Market Pavilion at Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex.
See you out there!
Sports Epidemic is a non-profit 501c3 organization sharing God’s love with the world through sports.
1. Download the Strava App- Create a User Account/Profile
2. Select Clubs, Search and Join the Sports Epidemic Walk and Run Club
3. Join us at the Moncks Corner Regional Recreation Complex or Walk or Run on your own multiple times a week based on your weekly goals (for example- 3 times a week for 3 miles= 9 weekly miles)- use the Record option to capture your workout- you can adjust your privacy settings in the app to determine what others can view
4. Encourage one another through activity posts
5. Invite family and friends to join
Get out there and achieve your fitness goals!